It has become possible to easily get rid of wrinkles caused by excessive use of facial expressions, genetic factors or aging in addition to some health problems such as excessive sweating and grinding of teeth using Botox.
What is Botox?
Botox, which is used in many medical fields, especially in the cosmetic field, consists of an external toxin obtained from a bacteria called Clostridium Botulinum. As Botox is the easiest and most reliable way to get rid of facial wrinkles and lines, it is also used to get rid of the problem of excessive sweating. Botox, Botox does not affect all muscles, but only affects the area in which it is injected. Botox blocks the release of substances that provide transmission in nerve endings. It also temporarily stops electrical transmission between nerves and muscles or sweat glands.
How is Botox Performed?
When performing Botox, before starting the injection of botulinum toxin into the neuromuscular tissue, local anesthesia is applied to the area by 20 minutes before the botulinum toxin cream is applied to the nerve tissue. Where after cleaning the area to be treated, the poison is injected in small doses into his muscles in this area with the help of fine needles.
The process takes an average of 15 minutes. The effect of injected botulinum toxin into muscle tissue begins to appear after 24-72 hours on average. In rare cases, this period may take up to 5 or 7 days.
Things to Consider After Botox
After Botox, like any cosmetic medical procedure, the patient must take into account some points
- Slight redness and swelling may occur on the face after the operation. In such cases, ice packs can be applied.
- You should not do activities that will bend the head too much after Botox.
- You may feel a glow and pain on your face after the operation, using regular pain relievers helps to get rid of these pains
- You should not go to the bathroom, sauna, solarium and hairdresser, and you should not wear make-up, or do heavy exercises for 24 hours.
- Do not massage the treated area for a week, and avoid contacts that will cause pressure on that area, such as eyebrow removal.
- You should not sleep on your face.
- The effect of Botox begins on the fourth day, and the final result is obtained on the fourteenth day on average.
- If necessary, additional injections will be given at your review appointment.
- The effect of Botox is not permanent, although it varies from person to person, it is expected to last from 4 to 5 months.
- Dental treatment, exposure to local or general anesthesia, green tea, use of antibiotics or muscle relaxants can affect the duration of Botox treatment. In such cases, you should consult a doctor.
Types of Botox
Today, Botox has gone beyond being used for cosmetic purposes and has begun to be applied for health purposes. The types of Botox can be arranged as follows:
It is applied to remove wrinkles that occur as a result of using certain expressions frequently, as it is the most common type of Botox procedures. It is defined and classified as psychological botox, because doing it makes a person feel more satisfied and happy.
It is popularly requested by people working in service fields, as it helps in getting a smiley face.
It is a type of Botox that is applied to people with problems such as sweating, migraines, teeth grinding or facial paralysis, as it is purely curative.
It is one of the techniques of applying Botox, where Botox is injected at the required points with a lower effect and a lower dose, and it is ensured that the facial muscles move normally, but the skin associated with it does not wrinkle, through which more natural results are obtained that can be applied to the formed vertical lines between the eyebrows.
It is applied to avoid the effects of aging and protect the skin at an early date. In this type, a low dose of injection is applied. Young Hollywood stars in particular have been known to perform it to protect their dynamic facial structures.
What are the Side Effects of Botox Procedures?
The side effects of Botox application can appear as follows:
- Pain, edema and redness at the injection site,
- Mild nausea
- Difficulty swallowing
- Weak neck
- Fever and chills
- Dry mouth,
- Double vision,
- Bleeding and swelling
Weakness in the Muscles of the Lower Eyelid
- Speech disorders.
What is the Cost of Botox 2022?
Botox prices may vary depending on the patient’s condition, the doctor, the hospital, the quality of the Botox used, and many other factors. Average cost is $1500. You can get detailed information on Botox prices by contacting us.
To answer all your questions related to botox, you can now contact the team of HealDone Clinic, and you can plan your treatment process in one of the leading clinics in Turkey and with the most experienced doctors in the field.