With age, skin sagging naturally occurs due to the effect of gravity. It shows results such as sagging eyelids, discoloration, and wrinkles. Other factors, such as exposure to sunlight, air pollution, irregular sleep, excessive smoking and alcohol use, also accelerate the aging process of the skin.
Blepharoplasty is a group of surgical procedures that a plastic surgeon performs on the upper and lower eyelids, to remove sagging skin and excess muscle tissue, as well as tighten the tissue around the eyes.
How is Eyelid Aesthetics Performed?
In short, upper blepharoplasty is a procedure in which excess skin and muscle tissue in the eye area is removed. An incision is made from the fold line of the eyelid so that no scar appears after the operation. To get a better result in upper eyelid surgery, it is recommended to perform it with forehead and eyebrow lift operations.
Who Should Have Eyelid Aesthetics?
- Not suitable for those who suffer from diseases such as diabetes and thyroid disease.
- Blepharoplasty is not appropriate for people who suffer from dry eye syndrome or who suffer from serious eye diseases such as intraocular pressure and retinal detachment.
- Anyone 35 years of age or older can have eyelid surgeries.
- In cases where eyelid augmentation has a negative effect on a person’s vision and visual distance, the age of surgery may drop below 35 years.
Things to Consider Before the Eyelid
As any surgery, there are some points that must be taken into consideration before blepharoplasty, including:
- You must stop using medicines such as aspirin at least 15 days before the operation to prevent bleeding.
- Refrain from smoking and other tobacco products for at least 2-3 weeks, to speed up recovery.
- You should not take nutritional supplements and some types of herbs during this period because they may cause unexpected effects.
Things to Consider After Eyelid Aesthetic Surgery
There are some points that must be taken into consideration after blepharoplasty, as follows:
- Patients are usually discharged a few hours after applying ice packs to the eyelid.
- In the first two days after the operation, it is recommended to apply ice intermittently during the awake period for 15 minutes per hour.
- The head should be raised with one or two pillows while lying down.
- You should stay away from work that requires a lot of effort, sports, bending and extreme heat.
- After the first 48 hours, you will begin to gradually return to your normal life.
Eyelid Aesthetics Recovery Process
Patients who undergo blepharoplasty make a full recovery within 10 to 14 days on average. However, in some cases it may take several months for the patient to fully recover in terms of full recovery.
Eyelid Surgery Prices
Blepharoplasty surgery prices in 2023 may vary depending on the degree of the problem, the surgical method that will be applied, the hospital and the doctor’s experience. The average price for this year is 2500 USD to answer all your questions related to blepharoplasty surgery, you can now contact the Hill Dawn Center team, and at HealDone, you can plan your treatment process in one of the leading clinics in Turkey and with the most experienced doctors in the field.