Some sagging and wrinkles appear in the human body with age, and these sagging can over time pull the facial tissues down and thus a distortion in the shape of the face, as these flabby tissues remain accumulated in the neck area. Today, through various plastic surgeries, it is possible to get rid of these unpleasant conditions that occur on the face and neck over time.
What is Neck Lift Surgery?
Neck lift surgery, is a surgical procedure in which the entire neck skin, including the chin area under the jaw, is tightened, subcutaneous fat and muscle tissue are tightened, as well as excess tissue is removed, in order to correct sagging, wrinkles and laxity in the neck area.
How is The Neck Lift Procedure Performed?
Neck lift surgery is performed in the hospital under general anesthesia, where a surgical incision is made behind the ear towards the scalp, through which the skin of the face and neck is stretched upwards and fixed with threads from the inside. In the next stage, the excess skin is removed and stitched back. In this way, a certain tightening occurs not only in the neck but also in the face area. Other than that, since the incision is made behind the ear, it is not visible from the outside.
How Long Does a Neck Lift Operation Take?
If the person has sagging and wrinkles in the neck area in a very advanced stage, and will only undergo a neck lift operation, this surgery may take from 1.5 to 3 hours, knowing that it may differ from one patient to another. In some patients, in addition to neck lift, facelift surgery, chin sagging surgery and liposuction can also be performed, as in such cases, the operation may take a longer period of time.
Things to Consider After Neck Lift Surgery
Although neck lift surgery appears to be an easy procedure, there are some points to consider to avoid any problems after the operation. If the recommendations given by the doctor after the surgery are followed, the healing process will speed up and pass without any pain.
- If the procedure is accompanied by a facelift and chin lift or other body surgeries, the patient must stay in the hospital for at least one night, and the length of stay in the hospital is determined based on the patient’s condition and the doctor’s assessment after surgery.
- After the operation, the neck area should not be moved more than necessary, otherwise the feeling of pain will increase.
- The healing process can be speeded up by applying ice packs after surgery.
- One day after the operation, the drains placed to prevent the accumulation of fluid behind the ear are removed.
- You must be sensitive when applying make-up and combing hair.
- Alcoholic beverages should be avoided for one month after the operation.
- Sauna and steam bath should be avoided for about two months.
- It is necessary to conduct a medical examination a month after the operation.
- In order to prevent the accumulation of blood on the skin in the neck area, after two days, the drains that were inserted during surgery are removed and the departure procedure is performed.
What is The Cost of Neck Lift 2023?
The prices of neck lift operations depend on the general appearance and condition of the patient, in addition to other cosmetic operations that will be performed, as their costs are added to the cost of the neck lift surgery. Contact the HealDone team for information on neck lift surgery prices for 2023.