The skin is the largest organ in the body and its window to the outside, and at the same time, it is the biggest indicator of our physical health.
What is Skin Aging?
Skin aging is an irreversible biological and chemical condition in which the number, size and function of skin cells decrease. This decrease occurs in everyone at different rates, as the skin aging process is shaped by various endogenous and exogenous factors.
What are the Causes of Skin Aging?
The first signs of aging appear and the loss of collagen in the skin, and the causes of skin aging can be divided into two parts,
- Depending on the time (internal aging), this type of skin aging accounts for 20% of all aging, which is inevitable.
- Aging associated with external factors (photoaging), which accounts for 80% of skin aging.
Importance of Nutrition in Skin Aging
The active ingredients in protecting skin health are proteins, essential fatty acids, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, niacin, vitamin B12, pantothenic acid, carnitine and water. These elements are found in different quantities in different food compositions, and if they are deficient, skin health deteriorates and skin aging is accelerated.
Environmental Factors in Skin Aging
The factors that lead to skin aging are as follows:
- With age, the production of collagen fibers in the human body naturally decreases.
- In cases where rapid weight loss occurs, loosening of the skin may occur.
- Air or water pollution can increase the signs of skin aging.
- Smoking and drinking alcohol
- Sleep is very important, as the body regenerates during sleep and gets rid of toxins.
- Signs of aging appear more when those who follow bad eating habits.
- In cases where a sufficient amount of fluid is not consumed, especially water during the day, the skin becomes dry and signs of aging accelerate.
- In addition, people who lead stressful lives increase the amount of stress hormone in their blood, which causes signs of aging on the skin.
Does Skin Renew Itself?
The skin can renew itself in an average of 30 days. This period may be shorter in individuals who take care of their skin regularly, while skin regeneration helps eliminate existing problems and supports the maintenance of skin smoothness. There are some elements that you can take care of to support the natural regeneration process of the skin, the most important of which are:
- Eat a balanced diet.
- Drink plenty of water. The consumption of 2-3 liters of water per day ensures the regeneration of the skin.
- Sleep at least 7 hours a day.
Skin Aging Treatments
Although it is not possible to slow down time and stop aging, the signs of skin aging can be controlled in the right ways. Today, methods such as Botox, plasmapheresis, dermal fillers, chemical peels and PRP can be used alone or in combination to combat the signs of skin aging and prevent its recurrence.
You can contact to HealDone for all your questions about skin aging. At Hill Dawn, one of the leading clinics in Turkey, you can plan the treatment process with the specialized and experienced doctors, and learn more about skin aging treatments.